November 04, 2019

What is the Formula for Happiness?

Last Friday was a weird day for me. I got news from a close partner-in-crime that he was leaving the country. (partner-in-crime aka paddy, buddy, ore mi atata, before Naija police will come and carry me).  He showed me pictures of his new home; I saw the well-tarred road in the background of the picture and I exclaimed, 'Nigeria'! 

πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Then, just in subsequent nanoseconds, thoughts of our unique numerous problems slowly crept into my mind: insensitive Government, senseless traffic jam, disorganised transport system, snail-paced emergency agencies, potholed roads, absent parking spaces, mud-floored markets, fear of rainfall, roads barricaded with heaps of litter, blocked drainage, epileptic power supply, to mention a few.
πŸ˜±πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ˜±πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ˜±πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ˜±πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ˜±πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ˜±

I just imagined life without these acquired problems...hmmm...oh so blissful, that I plunged into a state of despair.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I tried to make myself happy through all the means I knew how to, but I couldn't. Thought of my family, gratitude for life, past blessings, nothing worked.

All I felt like doing was stare into space and just stay idle, until someone cracked a rather stupid joke that made me burst into hysterics and out of my bubble of despair.

πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…πŸŒ…

And I realised I was just working myself up for nothing. Naija problems will not disappear because Fredilia is sad. 

🌷🍁🌷🍁🌷🍁🌷🍁🌷🍁🌷

Use your pains as a source of motivation to prod you to reach for your stars.

πŸŒΉπŸƒπŸŒΉπŸƒπŸŒΉπŸƒπŸŒΉπŸƒπŸŒΉπŸƒπŸŒΉ

Only you can make you happy! 

#frediliadiaries πŸ—―πŸŽ™πŸ–¨πŸ‘€#dreamlifewithfredilia #personaldiaries #myjournal #mystoryonig πŸ“’πŸ“πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬#bloggerlife #bloggersofinstagram

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

On instagram @dreamlifewithfredilia 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How faith works? From pending abortion at 6 weeks to 7month baby bump...

Gazing lovingly at the mental X-ray of this beautiful baby bump; I remember I was told, when he was 6weeks old, that I had an empty sack and...